What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance secures your journey from financial loses that might incur due to any unforeseen events like flight delays, luggage loss, checked-in baggage delays and any other journey related risks. International travel insurance covers the journey from the day of travel
till the traveller reaches back to India. It can help you enjoy your journey with peace of mind. Therefore, if you are planning a trip abroad for work or leisure-related purposes, it is advisable to check out the best international travel insurance policy. Travel insurance plays an important monetary role as it covers losses, cost, and other predefined expenses related with travelling. It ensures the customer from different types of losses they might go through during their travel.
1) Trip cancellation or delay due to sickness, injury or death in the family that result in a financial loss is typically covered by this policy.
2) Travel insurance offers protection against financial risks and covers your medical expenses if you fall sick while travelling.
3) Travel insurance provides cover against loss or theft of your baggage and passport. Some insurers also help to make arrangements for a temporary passport.
4) Emergency evacuation expenses, due to a natural calamity or terrorist activities, including the return flights home, are covered.
5) The policy covers the personal liability caused due to negligence resulting in a loss or damage to property or injury to a person who is not a member of your family or travelling party.